1. Not having the ability to view the “big picture” of a business and see how all the parts fit together. This is often described as “systems thinking”.
2. Not having an excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to people from all levels of a business.
3. Do not have the confidence to stand up for what to believe in and the grace to admit when they making a mistake.
4. Do not hire the expertise and professional with experience and track record.
5. Hiring an “image” consultant who knows graphic design, not business branding.
6. Hiring consultant that brag about the awards they win not on the result.
7. Hiring a consultant that doesn’t try to learn as much as possible about your market.
8. Hiring a consultant that doesn’t appreciate the power of information.
9. Do not have a strategy in place.
10. Promising an instant result.